Storage/Displaying your collection

I have spent a while thinking about and searching for the best ways to display and store my collection. I will use this thread to share what I’ve learnt. This is a work in progress and I will be adding more content regularly. Note: I have included some affiliate links in this post, these help support me to keep creating content like this.

Click “Details” below for more information.

Binders

Generally I like to keep everything in binders whenever possible. Binders make showing off you collection easy and come in a wide range of prices from basic cheap office style binders to more expensive fancy binders

Personally I like BCW’s binder, it is good quality and not too expensive.

I also have a couple of these too and they are also good for the price.

Coins

slabbed-coins
Slabbed/Graded coins

For displaying slabbed coins I use these Lighthouse album pages, they fit all common graded slabs (eg. ANACS and ICG) as well as DIY slabs like these. The Coin Cards that I make are also designed to fit into these pages.

The pages are designed for albums but I have used them on a shelf by themselves and they work great.

There are lots of cheap bulk storage options like a box like this.

If you want the highest level of protection for your coins Lighthouse makes a special product with “Intercept” technology that is designed to stop coins from tarnishing. Read more about this here. They use this in some of their boxes for slabbed coins.

I haven’t tried these but there are also wall mounted display cases like this.

And nice wooden display boxes like these, but they take up a lot of space.

coins
Unslabbed coins

All unslabbed coins should be kept in coin capsules or cardboard flips. Lighthouse and Airtite are the two most popular capsule brands.

The coins can then be put into pages like these

Other
Tubes

Floating frames

Notes

Recommended

There are several companies that make pages suitable for storing/displaying notes. I use the lighthouse pages, but BCW also makes high quality pages. I prefer the lighthouse transparent pages because they are more rigid than the ones BCW makes. The 3 pocket pages fit all polymerbit notes.

Other

Slabs - Good for display but take up a lot of space

Artwork

**Recommended** Framed Archive safe sleeve

Other

Coin Cards

What are Coin Cards?

Coin Cards are a new way to store and display your coin collection. The cards have some basic information about the coin as well as a QR code that links to the Coin.Community Wiki for more images and information.

There are two sizes, regular and extra large. Both are designed to fit into standard card album pages. The regular cards are also designed to fit into standard graded coin slab pages. The coin cards use Lighthouse coin capsules to safely attach the coin to the card.

XL Cards in UltraPro Page

Regular Cards in Slab Page

Where can I get them?

We will be making and selling official limited edition Coin.Community Coin Cards in the Coin Shop. We also will be making lower cost, unlimited production versions. You can also create your own cards using our free templates and some basic tools. We encourage anyone who wants to design and make their own Coin Cards to do it.

Several prototype/early production cards have already been created and will be auctioned to raise funds for the production of more cards.

The first cards released will be the BTCC 5k Bits Black edition (See above). #1-#10 will be auctioned and the rest will be sold for a set price. The auctions for #1-#5 have already started.

Feedback on what information should/shouldn’t be on the cards is encouraged. There are a lot of possibilities so let me know what you would like to see.

Since Ultrapro discontinued making their hard plastic album pages that fit graded cards I have been on the lookout for a replacement. I recently found these and they’re perfect, they have PSA and BGS compatible versions too.